Bachelor of Ayurveda Medical and Surgery (BAMS)*
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medical & Surgery (BAMS) is a five-year undergraduate program that offers an integrated course that covers a wide range of subjects of traditional Ayurveda and modern medical systems. The five and half a year-long course also includes the one-year mandatory internship.
BAMS covers a wide range of courses such as physiology, modern anatomy, pharmacology, medicine, ENT, forensic medicine, rules and principles of surgery, standards of the solution, legal drug, herbal science, with different subjects of Ayurveda.
Students aspiring for a career in Bachelor of Ayurveda must have great power of concentration and determination as the courses include a lot of reading of both modern science and ancient Ayurveda texts.
Ayurveda is gaining a lot of popularity not only in India but in the Western World because of natural healing properties with minimum side-effects as these medicines are prepared from natural herbs, vegetables, and plants.
Bachelor of Ayurveda Medical and Surgery (BAMS) Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum Educational Qualification Required:10+2 or equivalent examination with Science (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) as mandatory subjects.
- Minimum Marks Required:50% to 60%, varies from college to college.
- Age Limit: The age limit for the BAMS program is 20 years for general category and 24 years for reserved category.
BAMS Admission Process
- BAMS admissions in Indiaare done on the basis of entrance exams.
- Candidates have to apply for the entrance exam i.e., NEET-UG and appear in it.
- After the results are out, the conducting authority of the examinations prepares a merit list, basis which counseling process is conducted.
Candidates who make it in the counseling process are allocated seats for BAMS course at different colleges